Faith United Methodist Church had its start in 1880 when Rev. F. W. Voegelein visited Sacramento with the hopes of starting a church for German immigrants. The church was incorporated on November 4, 1881 as the Ebenezer Church of the Evangelical Association of North America and located downtown near the State Capitol.
In March 1964, the congregation acquired the current facility at 3600 J Street. The first Sunday service was held on June 7th with the dedication of the art glass window was brought from the previous building. In 1968 Faith United Methodist Church was consecrated with the merger of the Methodist Episcopal and Evangelical United Brethren denominations.
Since the beginning, the work and mission of the church continues to be carried out by dedicated Christians. Faith’s members exhibit a deep caring for the local community, members and visitors by being a friendly, loving and caring congregation where all are welcome.